The shade is nearing its final shape: The cut fabric and frame are now joined together. This is done completely by hand and is known in our terminology as rolling. This stage requires great skill and experience.
1. First, a carrier strip is glued onto the shade, and then the frame ring is glued on to that.
2. Special adhesive is used to permanently seal the seam.
3. The next step is to apply white adhesive to the edge of the shade …
4. … This is used to secure the fabric to the top and bottom ring in step 6.
5. Any excess fabric is cut off, leaving only a narrow, even margin.
6. The fabric is folded around the top and bottom ring with the finger tips and carefully pressed tight.